Friday, February 22, 2008

Altered Microscope Slide Mailers Cont.

Here are a couple more examples but this time the slide mailers are the larger 4 slot types. I enjoy working with these mailers as their larger size lets you get a bit more creative. On the first example - Key 2 Happiness, I actually used glass slides as part of the design leaving all 4 slots intact. On the second example - School Days, I trimmed away 2 of the divider to enlarge the top and bottom sections. Instead of glass slides, I filled them with photos of my boys along with mica chips, charms and other goodies.

"Key 2 Happiness"

Supplies: Distress Inks, Big & Bossy Embossing Ink, Black Embossing Powder, Alcohol Inks, Archival Jet Black Ink, Copper Tape, Memory Glass, Glossy Accents - Ranger; Pattern Paper - Design Originals; Rubber Stamps - MSE; Various charms, ribbons & fiber.
The inside of the cover is left blank for a family photo.


Close up of the glass slides.


"School Days"
Supplies - Color Wash, Distress Embossing Powder, Distress Embossing Ink, Big & Bossy Embossing Ink, Black Embossing Powder, Distress Inks, Glossy Cardstock - Ranger; Rubber stamps - (Front) Stampers Anonymous; Inside - Oxford Impressions; Gaffers Tape - 7 Gypsies; Flowers - Prima; Mica Chips - USArt Quest; Misc. charms - unknown.


Don't be afraid to trim out the dividers. It can really open up new possibilities to create!



Well, I hope you all have enjoyed seeing a few examples of what you can do with microscope slide mailers. They really are loads of fun just waiting to be explored!
I know I shared alot of examples with you at one time ~
I hope you're not tired of them before you get to play with them - LOL!!

Anyway....Happy Friday!!

I want to leave you with one of my favorite quotes.....

....

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
::: Scott Adams

6 comments:

  1. hmmm, I wonder why I LOVE LOVE LOVE the school days one so much.... :~P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great examples, Roni. :) Love them both. Can't get over how much your boys looked so much alike. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmm I don't know ~ why would you love it so much?!?!? LOL!!! I liked yours so much I had to make myself something similar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nanette! Yes, everyone says so. At the FFA meetings they used to call Bob Mini-Me cause he looked so much like Ben - LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know i probably know this :-P but can't think of it---where can i get some of these lovely microscope slides and covers? being a nurse i used to see them everywhere but now i am out of "the Loop" and dont have a source

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get mine from a couple places...just depends on what else I need at the time.

    I like this place - http://www.blockheadstamps.com/SpecimineSlides.html

    as well as here...
    http://articusstudiodesign.com/id174.html

    HTH :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!