Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tattoo Girls Night Out!!

Just a bit about our "Inky" Girls Night Out...Well, my Mom and the other 2 ladies in our little GNO group did it! They all went ahead and got their tattoos Friday night! We went to a place called Device down in Fort Wayne.

Let me tell you this place is a night and day difference from the original tattoo place where they were going to get them done. The first place ~ walls painted black, very bizzar images on the walls, scary looking dudes...you get the picture. There was a schedueling conflict so they couldn't do it that afternoon.
The ladies decided to scrap that place cause it was just too out there for their taste (personally I figured it was normal but I wasn't the one getting a tattoo). They decided to try Device and I'm glad they did! Device had bright walls, colorful images & decor, friendly/funny people working there...it was just wonderful. All 3 of the ladies were tattoo'ed at the same time and were in the same room so I didn't have too far to run between them all to take the pics.

Carol got a heart w/flowers (her first); Karen had a tiny cross put on her ankle (2nd) and had her first tattoo spruced up (it was on her foot and was very faded); then came Mom...she had shooting stars with flourishes/tails done - I can't tell you the number of this tattoo because she has so many - LOL!! Anyway, I designed the original tattoo but Shane (her tattoo guy) redesigned it a bit and jazzed it up. They all look great :)

I took loads and loads of pics and will share them once I get them down-loaded. It was lots of fun and all the people who work there were great! There was another guy getting a tattoo at the same time who by coincidence was from Albion too!! Small world ~ his was awesome - it was Celtic - 4 intertwined red hearts. Just beautiful!!

Oh yeah, no tattoo for me...dh is VERY narrow minded about things like that.... That's o.k. though ~ while it did look neat I don't know if I could handle the pain!

Anyway, it was a new "Inky" experience for me :) Mom is already planning her next 2 tattoo's and she said she wants us to go back there - LOL!!

5 comments:

  1. I would have to say, that I am narrow minded, too! I've done a lot in my life, but a tat is not going on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....yeah I know. I have 2 major fears about tattoo's...

    1) What is it going to look like when I'm 70...ya know, I don't want it sagging in all the wrong places ;) LOL!!!

    and

    2) What if I get tired of it...it's not like you can just wash it off! I paint the living room about every year because I get tired of the color...I can't imagine having that on your body - LOL!!

    I'm thinkin I might like to try a henna tattoo though ~ they DO wash off and I like the brown/flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh looking forward to seeing the pics :)

    I am booked in for a major piece of work on May 13th (full back piece) - so wish me luck :)

    (glad to say, the place is bright and colourful with nice people - not sure I like the sound of your original venue either....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with andi - no thanks for me! And you said it, Roni, that whole sagging in the wrong places thing... lol

    I do have a nose stud and when I got it about a year ago, I thought my parents would freak. I'm a *cough* 30-something, professional consultant and getting a nose stud is pretty "out there" in my world. And my parents are not half as cool as your mom, Roni. (But I love it - after the first 6 months of some pretty icky infections, that is. lol)

    We want PICs. We want PICs. We want PICs... lol

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROTFL! I can't believe your mom has tattoos!! That is just too much! My dd and two nieces all got tattoos of my Maternal family crest and they were teasing my mom about getting one as well! In the Japanese culture, all the women have the same crest, and the men have a different one. So my mom and I have the same crest as her mom did...and on through the daughters.
    I probably won't ever get a tattoo though, too permanent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!