Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hot Hot Hot!

Here is a fun birthday idea for all those hotties in your life! It's a red-hot birthday card and gift bag....full of flames - LOL!! I actually used this for someone who was turning 50 as a little joke about all the candles on the cake but you can change the sentiment for your situation.

Fire Card n Gift bag


Supplies:

Alcohol Inks - Red Pepper, Terra Cotta, Butterscotch - Ranger

Ink Applicator & Felts - Ranger

Ink Blending Tool & Foam - Ranger

Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger

Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger

Letter Stamps - The Paper Studio

Krylon Gold Paint Pen

Sharpie Black Fine Tip Perm. Marker

Specialty Paper - FiberMark

Cardstock

Blank Gift Bag

Ribbon

White Tissue Paper

Instructions:

1. Cut the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of specialty paper (or you may substitute plain cardstock - I used the specialty paper for added dimension) in half. Place one half of your cardstock horizontally on a protected work surface.

2. Begin with Butterscotch AI and apply it to the upper third of your paper. I like to start with lightest colors first because it's easier to add dark colors rather than take them off.

3. Continue by adding Terra Cotta in the center third and Red Pepper on the bottom. Blending each color with the previously added color as you go. Set aside to dry.

4. Take your second half of your cardstock and place it vertically and apply the inks in the same fashion as described in steps 2 & 3. Set aside to dry.

5. Once each piece is dry, using your sharpie draw on the "flames". I know some people get freaked out by the word draw but trust me ~ this is easy! These are nothing more than very loose curvy upside down "V"'s. You may find it easier to turn your cardstock upside down and actually make "V's". Whatever works for you :)

6. Now once you are satisfied with your flames, use the Krylon Metallic Gold Paint Pen and highlight the flames on one side or the other.

7. Mount each piece on black cardstock and attach to the blank gift bag & card base.

8. Stamp the word Fire and Hot Hot Hot onto scrap cardstock.

9. Draw a word bubble around "Fire" and cut out. Edge using black soot distress ink & Ink Blending Tool. Mount on Card front.

10. Apply Red Pepper Alcohol Ink to the "Hot" scrap of cardstock and attach it to black cardstock. Tie onto gift bag with black ribbon.

11. Fold 3 pieces of tissue paper into quarters. Place on a protected work surface.

12. Apply 1 color of alcohol ink to each of the 3 pieces of tissue paper. (when it's unfolded you will see that the ink seeps through the layers).

Fire B-day card
Fire Giftbag


It's now ready to "light up" somebody's day ;)

tee hee hee...sorry couldn't resist!!!

TTFN!!

4 comments:

  1. That just made me laugh when you said that some people get frightened when you say the word, "draw"!!! I know that I've gotten so hooked on the rubber stamps that I sometimes forget that I can also draw parts of a scene or image if I don't have the stamp for it! I wanted to stamp a winding road on a card, and didn't have a stamp for that. DUH! Just draw it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've become addicted to your blog. Something about it is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I mention the word draw around my mom she immediately tells me she can't draw ;)

    Too funny about your winding road! Yes, you CAN still do that - LOL!!

    Thanks Tamsie! Glad you're enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I thought for sure that was patterned paper!!! you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!