Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stamping in UTEE - Additional Examples

Here are some additional examples to go with yesterday's technique.

The first is a card I made by stamping on a layered chipboard frame by Basic Grey. All of the UTEE used is from the Brightz Line.

UTEE 0508001


The next example is a fun lay-out I made of my youngest son. We took this photo out in the back yard. It took FOREVER to get him to pose like this (I took it just for this lay-out). He was so embarrassed ~ I don't know why ~ our backyard is enclosed by a wood fence! Anyway, he finally did cause I wouldn't let him go back in until I got the shot - LOL!! I haven't titled it yet, I still haven't found the right word(s) yet....Any suggestions?

UTEE 0508005


I used Pearl UTEE & Sunflower Perfect Pearls for the Sun, Green Patina & Pearl UTEE for the Grass and Clear UTEE & Forever Green for the Tree Top. The bird (Basic Grey) was made with Red Hot UTEE & the Tree Trunk is Bronze UTEE. Aside from the bird, all of the chipboard pieces were hand cut.

You will notice in the close up photos the difference between using Clear vs. Pearl UTEE. The Clear UTEE yields a crisper color while the Pearl UTEE gives a softer color.

UTEE 0508005


UTEE 0508005


There you have it...stamping in UTEE! You can of course ink your stamps before you stamp into the UTEE but I like the depth & shadows created without the ink.


Hope you've enjoyed it and will give it a try!

9 comments:

  1. my teenage son would rather live in the garden the rest of his days and subsist on acorns than let me take a photo of him like that!!! :D

    as for stamping into UTEE, it's something I really enjoy. I thought I would share with you a pendant I made yonks ago:

    UTEE pendant on chipboard

    You'll see I say in the text I'm not sure how durable it would be (I didn't use Flex as I didn't use a melt pot for this) - well I have been wearing it regularly now for 18 months or so and it's still good as new :)

    So that's another use for the technique....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I just love the tree trunk!! And when you were talking about how your son had to be threatened before he would pose...I was wondering WHAT kind of pose you forced on him!!
    You know, it wasn't the neighbors he was worried about...it's the fact that you splash his photo all over your blog!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, that pendant is gorgeous! It looks like etched stone or something. And I'm glad to hear it's held up...probably because you don't bend it when you wear it!! Love the combo of beads and embossed utee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SARAH - gorgeous pendant! What did you use as a base if you don't mind sharing? Or is that a mold? Anyway, I love it. Well done.

    And, RONI, you have outdone yourself this time. Wow. I LOVE the pic of your youngest. It was worth the poking and prodding to get him to pose. It's a pic you will treasure forever and I bet you can get a lot of mileage out of it in other pieces, too.

    I love seeing the difference between the clear and pearl UTEE. My personal preference is the clear, but both are beautiful. And such vibrant colors and great textures. Love it!

    One last question if I may? How did you manage the orange border on the first piece?

    I really love this tutorial and I sure wouldn't mind seeing more UTEE projects and techniques on Ink Stains in the future, too.

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Phinny

    the base for the pendant is just a chipboard donut, nothing fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That makes it even more stunning. How cool that you can get something that beautiful starting from plain old chipboard! lol

    Thanks, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - LOL @ your son...I thought Bob was going to be living out there!! Way cool pendant! I've made some jewlery w/UTEE too and you're right it does hold up very well! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, you're absolutely right about Bob...that's what he said as a matter of fact!!! He knows me too well - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phinny -

    Thanks about the pic...yes I see lots of great possibilities for it :) I was tickled when I finally got it.

    That whole frame is actually a nested set of frames from Basic Grey. I UTEE'ed each of them individually and put them back together afterwards.

    Yes, it is interesting the difference between clear/pearl. Amazing how it changes the look of the Perfect Pearls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!