Saturday, August 30, 2008

Adirondack Pigment Ink - Snow Cap (White)

I've seen some talk about having problems with the Adirondack Pigment Ink color - Snow Cap (white). Either it's not showing up, poor impression, etc. Now, I've used it a few times and had pretty good luck with it so I thought I'd see if it might be the type of paper it's being stamped onto.

I also had the thought that if there were differences with paper there may be a difference depending on the type of stamp(s) used. I used two types of stamps in this test...a bold rubber stamp ~ Butterfly (Stamp It - Australia) and an acrylic line stamp - Flower (Wildflower Stamps).

I pounced each stamp on the Adirondack Pigment Ink Pad three times to ensure the entire image was covered with ink and then stamped. Nothing special and I've done nothing to the images digitally...you can judge for yourself how well it worked.

(NOTE - In case you're wondering these are scraps of cardstock & specialty paper I have in my scrap basket so they aren't exactly all the same size or shape but they got the job done and I didn't waste any paper! Also, I didn't edit each photo because there are quite a few ~ so you'll see edges and the background cardstock from time to time...I figured you'd be more interested in the ink & paper vs. the editing.)

Adirondack Pigment Ink - Snow Cap (white)

Bazzill - Linen or Weave Pattern

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink007


Bazzill - Line Pattern

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink021

Bazzill - Bling

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink015

Die-Cuts-With-A-View - Linen Pattern

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink012

Club Scrap

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink001

Club Scrap - Embossed

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink006

Club Scrap - Specialty (Games Paper)

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink004

Wal-Mart type cardstock

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink019

Pattern Paper - Basic Grey

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink017

Die Cuts With A View Pattern Paper

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink018

Pattern Paper - 29th Street Market Pattern Paper (back solid color side)

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink024

Inked Paper - Distress Inks over White Cardstock (Completely Dry!)

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink023

Inked Paper - Color Wash over Hand-Made Specialty Paper (Completely Dry!)

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink025

Ranger Black Glossy Cardstock (bit of a glare but the inks still show well)

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink005

Specialty Paper - Cork

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink009

Specialty Paper - Hand-Made w/Glimmer Mist (Completely Dry)

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink016

Specialty Paper - Vellum

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink010

Specialty Paper - Mica/Star Dust Paper

Adirondack Snow Cap Pigment Ink022

Now, it's your turn to decide how it preformed!

I just wanted to mention that in addition to these I also tested it on a very light color of cheap cardstock which I could not get a good photo of. The camera couldn't focus on the stamped images because the ink was so close to the color of the paper. It did show up very faint which would be cool for "ghost" images.

This ink is also very compatible with Glass, Acrylic, Non-Porous Surfaces, etc. I didn't include those materials in this test because paper was the primary issue.

Hope this helps clear up any questions about the Snow Cap Ink!

2 comments:

  1. I often stop by and it always makes me smile at your kindness to help others with your demo's and trials... i think you deserve what's on my blog whole heartedly :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much!!

    (((((((HUGS)))))))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!