Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Halloween Treat Bag!

Well it's officially October now ~

time to start the count down to Halloween :)

Even though my boys are grown and it's not so "cool" to dress up for Halloween anymore I still love the holiday! Not the gore of it all mind you but the fun of little spooks begging for treats and their darling costumes!

Today's project is made just for that reason....

Halloween Treat Bag ...

Summer CHA 08002

I have taken a wax lined - glossy white bag and turned it into the perfect goodie for all of your ghosts & ghouls. I usually make several of these bags at one time because you never know when you'll have an unexpected spook turn up.

Supplies:

Wax Lined Glossy White Fold Over Bag

Terra Cotta Color Wash - Ranger

Sea Salt

Archival Ink - Ranger

Stickles Glitter Glue - Ranger

Rub-On Letters

Instructions:

1. Place the bag on a protected surface.

2. Spritz the bag with the Color Wash ~ immediately sprinkle on the sea salt and let dry.

3. Once dry, flip the bag over and repeat steps 1 & 2 until all sides have been colored.

4. Stamp Halloween image on the front of the bag using Archival Inks.

5. Color image using Stickles Glitter Glue. Let dry completely.

6. Add rub on sentiment.

7. Fill with your favorite candy :)

Now that will bring a smile to any scary little person who might find their way to your house on Halloween!

It's also great for parties!!

So...the question of the day...

What is your favorite Halloween (or any time of the year) candy?

Mine is Reeses Peanut butter Pumpkins, or eggs, or Christmas trees....you get the picture. I like these better than the normal peanut butter cups because you get lots more peanut butter and lots less chocolate - LOL!!

What can I say...I don't care for chocolate all that much.

5 comments:

  1. Cute little treat bags! Makes me wish we had trick-or-treaters here. My fav Halloween candy is those peanut butter kisses. They are like taffy with peanut butter in the middle, wrapped in orange and black wrappers. I look forward to Halloween every year just so I can have some of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bags as well!
    My fave candy...hands down it is banana laffy taffy. I LOVE that stuff! I will get a whole bag for a chance to get maybe 4 banana ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, bet you get loads of spooks turning up if they are going to get one of these, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Halloween treat bag. Impressed with the creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i also have those waxy paper bag and this is really a great idea using washes! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!