Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jack -O- Lantern Candle Holders

I forgot to mention a few things in my post on making the Jack-O-Lantern Candle Holders.



**Several people asked about candles being safe to burn after using the Alcohol Inks. Yes, they are very safe...after the inks dry the alcohol part of the mix evaporates and is no longer flammable. The key is to let the AI's dry completely and then let them sit for a few hours to make sure that all of the alcohol vapors have dissipated. I burned a candle in the smallest jar for several hours with no problem at all...and it looked darling I might add ;)



**I also wanted to show what I did with my little tea light... I have the type that is in a little metal cup ~ I used Alcohol Ink on the tea light base to help it blend in a bit better once inserted in the jar. Here is a photo of what it looks like out of the jar as well as in. You can see how nicely it blends in with the jar...

Pumpkin lights 001

Pumpkin lights 002


Nunt brought up a good point about leaving candles unattended. NEVER under any circumstances leave candles burning unattended...they could very easily catch other objects on fire so quickly. Better to be safe and extinguish the flame before leaving the room than leave it unattended for every one's safety.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the update on the alcohol vapors... I really wanted to make some of these little gems... Thank you for the inspiration.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!