Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BFF Album Challenge #2

Working on our BFF Album again today with #2 in our series....

The second part of our little album is...


"2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you."


and


The Challenge for today is...

USE BLUE ...

what else could it be ;)



I was particularly excited about this challenge since I LOVE blue!

I used a mono print type technique for the background but I added a bit of a twist to it. So many times you see people using only Distress (or other dye) Ink or Alcohol Inks... Well, I did use Distress Inks but I also added one of my favorite acrylic paints in the mix....Adirondack Acrylic Dabber ~ Pearl. Yes, pearl. I love this stuff. I think it is one of the most versatile paint colors you can have in your stash and you'll see why in a minute.

BFF #2 001

Supplies:

Coasters (or other desired foundation material)

Distress Re-Inker(s)

Adirondack Acrylic Dabber - Pearl

Water

Embellishments & Stamps (if desired)

Instructions:

1. Add several dollops of Pearl paint onto a Non-Stick Craft Mat or other non-porous surface. To save time I take the cap off and just pounce it around several times until I have what I think I will need.

BFF #2 012

2. Add a few drops of desired color of Distress Ink....I used Chipped Sapphire and Tumbled Glass for my pages. I used 2 drops of the Chipped Sapphire since it's so dark and 4 dots of Tumbled Glass.

BFF #2 013

3. Squirt the ink/paint with water several times. This really helps blend the two mediums for a smooth finished look.

BFF #2 014

4. Now press and twist your desired foundation material in the mixture. I am using the coasters...you could use paper, chipboard, wood, cardstock, etc....

BFF #2 003

You will get results something similar to this....

It doesn't show up in the photos very well but the Pearl paint has taken on subtle hues of the ink but has retained it's natural shimmer and sparkle. It is just lovely!

BFF #2 005

After it dries you're free to embellish as desired!

Here are my finished pages....

BFF #2 008

BFF #2 009

BFF #2 010

Fun huh?

I hope all of you out there are having fun playing along!

If you'd like you can always share a link to your creations in the comments section or you can send me the images to post here on the blog.

Donna did just that very thing. She took this little poem and created a book for her friend and was kind enough to let me share it with you!

Thanks Donna!!
friend book 001


friend book 003

friend book 002

friend book 004

So, it's your turn....

pull out your paper, pull out your inks,

it's time to get crafty!!

Be sure to tune in next Tuesday for the next installment to see what the challenge will be :)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Roni -

    Loving your pages, in particular the one with all the "Heimlich maneuvers" on it - LOL!
    Love Donna's little book - it is so cute!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little Heimlich pics So funny! Im glad I finally got my first pages done now Im ready for this!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!