Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BFF Altered Book/Mini Album #9

We're down to the last couple pages in our BFF book!

Today we're on #9!!

The quote for the day is...

9. This is my oath.....I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask; -- because you are my FRIEND!

and the challenge for today....

Make it Metal!

Use paints, inks, embossing powders, or even real metal to embellish your page!

Here is my take on today's challenge....

BFF Challenge 9 001

Since copper is my fav. metal I decided I'd do a patina copper finish for my pages and make some "rusty copper" pieces from sandpaper as embellishments.

Instructions:

1. Cover the coasters with copper Adirondack Acrylic Dabber. Add the patina by swiping Pool & Bottle paint on various areas using my finger to blend it all together.

BFF Challenge 9 002

2. To create the rusty copper bits I completely covered the sandpaper with the copper paint,

BFF Challenge 9 003

then applied Pool & Bottle paints with my finger, swiping it across certain areas as I did with the coasters.

BFF Challenge 9 004

And you end up with a piece that really looks like rusty copper...

BFF Challenge 9 005

Now add the quote, image and bits of "rusty copper" to the page. I finished it off by stamping swirls with acrylic paint.

BFF Challenge 9 006

BFF Challenge 9 007

BFF Challenge 9 008

So, what do you think?

Looks like real metal huh?

Now it's your turn!

What fun metallic ideas are you going to use on your page?

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I really like these pages Roni! Ok - now THIS is my favorite - LOL! What a great technique. It really looks like copper - I have to try this. Wonderful job and thank you so much for sharing with us.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous technique, Roni! I need to get caught up--hope to have some time to play this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super technique...will have to give it a try. My grandkids love compressed sponge...think I will have to raid their stash. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!