Friday, September 10, 2010

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Stamp Resist

Last night I was messing with the wax paper some more and I discovered another cool technique that combines rubber stamping this neat resist technique!

Here it is....

Wax Paper Technique #3

Stamp Resist

Just a note ~ this technique works best with open, lined type images. It does not work well with people (they look like aliens)or highly detailed collage images. I don't like to use people because they turn out to be blue, green or whatever color you ink them with, etc. Detailed stamps get muddied because of the melting wax...all the lines just run together. Please keep this in mind when choosing your stamps for this technique.

Supplies:

Stamps

Wax Paper

Iron

Glossy or Plain Cardstock

Ink

Ink Blending Tool

Instructions:

1. Place a sheet of wax paper directly over your stamp image.

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Wax Paper Stamping 001

2. Next, place your cardstock over the wax paper (sorry for the blurry photo)

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Wax Paper Stamping 002

3. Now place the hot iron on the paper and hold for 3-5 seconds. Set the iron aside.

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Wax Paper Stamping 005

4. Peel the wax paper off the cardstock and ink the image with desired color of dye ink.

And here is how your images will turn out...

All Examples - Left - Glossy CS, Right - Plain CS

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Wax Paper Stamping 007

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Wax Paper Stamping 008

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Wax Paper Stamping 009

And here is an example of a stamp with a bit too much detail... You can see that part of the image is just unidentifiable.

Wax Paper Technique #3 - Wax Paper Stamping 011

NOTE: I know some people don't like to heat up their stamps but I tried this several times with all sorts of stamps and it had no negative effect on any of them. I used clear acrylic stamps with this technique and it worked as well!! No ill effects to the acrylic stamps at all!


Enjoy and have fun playing!!

11 comments:

  1. You're keeping me up at night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. toooooo cooollll...or should I say...tooo hot considering the iron is the major appliance here.
    This is a quick resist method...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYGOSH you are a genius!! Such a cool idea Roni. You amaze me as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ironed my stamps many times with velvet, so I'm so going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouawwwwwwwww too marvelous...I will seriously try it...I adore you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Something totally new. You come up with the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool!!! i kind of like the star one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this looks like fun! I'm going to have a go at it. I've also ironed my stamps on velvet and didn't see any problems so not worried about this technique, either.
    Thanks for sharing this cool idea.

    BTW - I buy wax paper and never use it for kitchen work - only art stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a cool idea I love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very interesting technique with great results too. I'm going to try it with some fabrics, as Diane & Deb said they had.
    I would never of thought of this Roni. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I destroyed my clear stamp.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!