Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stickles Saturday ~ Rainbow of Fun!

Time for another fun project using Stickles Glitter Glue!!

This week I have a card to share with you that was so much fun to make...bright and cheery using many of the newest colors of Stickles ~  Glam Pink, Tropical Tangerine, Firefly, True Blue, Thistle, Midnight Blue and one of their original colors ~ Yellow.

I also decided to incorporate a few of the recently reformulated Liquid Pearls ~ White Opal, Silver Pearl, Platinum Pearl, Baby Blue and Ocean Blue ~ to show you a few fun ways to use them.

Stickles 01-11 Roni 009

Supplies:

Stickles Glitter Glue
Liquid Pearls
Ink Blending Tool & Foam
Snow cap Acrylic Dabber
Chipboard
Embossing Ink
Black Embossing Powder
Stamp Sentiment - Crafty Secrets
Cardstock

Instructions:

1. Cut a piece of light weight chipboard to the approx. size of your card.  I used a 4.5x6.5" rectangle.

2. Cover the chipboard with a layer of the White Opal Liquid Pearls.  I like to use my IBT and foam to spread it around for a nice even coat.

3. To create depth I then blended in a bit of Silver Pearl to the lower right hand corner and added a bit of the Platinum Pearl to the very edges.  In the upper left hand corner I blended in Baby Blue and added Ocean Blue to the extreme edge.  This yields a nice progression for a stormy sky...after all you can't have a rainbow without a bit of a storm.

4. After the LP's dried I stamped the sentiment in the lower right hand corner and embossed with black ep's.  

5. I highlighted the upper left hand corner with Midnight Blue Stickles that I spread around in a thin layer with my fingertip.

6. Now it's time to cut the cloud, rainbow and hearts.  I free-handed each element again on light weight chipboard and cut each shape out. 

7. Paint each element with white acrylic paint. 

8. I covered the cloud with a pretty thick layer of White Opal LP and swirled as I went to give the fluffy appearance of a cloud.  I then added a "silver lining" with a bit of Silver Pearl LP along the bottom edges. Set aside to dry.

Stickles 01-11 Roni 009

9. I then drew faint pencil lines on my rainbow and filled in each section with the appropriate color of Stickles.  I mainly went with the new colors but you could of course use any colors you choose.

10. Apply Stickles to each of the hearts making sure you have colors in a variety of sizes.

11.  After all of the Stickles and Liquid Pearls have dried, affix each element to the card.  I used double stick foam to adhere some while others I mounted directly on the card.

12. Finish it off by mounting on desired color(s) of cardstock.

4 comments:

  1. One awesome card! Love the rainbow you created and all the hearts using Stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni -

    This is awesome! I love all the sparkle and that cloud. Really like how this card turned out - such a happy card!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card; thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!