Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dance

Today I wanted to share a layered scenic card.

Now this is a type of card I've not really made very often but I must say the more I work with it the more fun they are.  It was created by using images from 3rd Coast Rubber Stamps, Distress Inks, Archival Ink (for the stamping) and Stickles Glitter Glue for a bit of bling!

3C - Dance Like Nobody...

I started off by stamping the dancer and cutting her out.  
I then placed her on the blank card front to determine where she needed to be on the card. 
I placed a little pencil mark where her feet would be positioned.
I then lined up the rug with that pencil mark and stamped it using Archival Ink.

Next I stamped the mountains, clouds and extra tufts of grass.
I used Distress Inks and my Niji Waterbrush to color both the card background and the dancer.

After my dancer had a chance to dry I added Stickles Glitter Glue to her bells along her skirt and head dress.
She was mounted to the card using pop-dots.

I didn't have a sentiment that would fit so I printed one off the computer onto white cardstock, mounted it on the panel and then affixed the card to a colored cardstock card blank.

So there you go...a quick and easy way to create a scenic card in no time at all!

10 comments:

  1. She's beautiful. Love the colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful!!! What a happy feeling card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a fun card! We should all dance a little every day and do it like nobody is watching ... but I hardly do dance.

    Your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roni -

    This is beautiful! I've always wanted to try a scenic card and you make it seem so easy. Thank you for the quick tutorial. Love this!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!!! I love this kind of card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection and you make it sound so easy, but it looks like it is a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this one is awesome! great technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!