Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Owl Candy Cane Holder

Happy Wednesday!!!

I hope you're all ready for Thanksgiving here in the states.  I just finished up shopping for our 3 Thanksgivings.  We're doing one for dh's family, one for my side and then one of our own immediate family.  We're going to be all turkey'ed out by the time this weekend is over!

Someone asked when the Altoid Tin Blog Hop / Art Festival was going to be....it is next Tuesday 11-27!   I can't wait ~ I already have several photos of some beautiful tins to share with you :)  I can't wait!

On to today's project...
Owl Candy Cane Holder
Here is the template you will need to cut out the owl...
You can either download the PDF file or save the image. 
You can then resize it to fit your needs.

Here is the link to the PDF file... Owl Candy Cane Holder PDF


Supplies:

Felt - Red & Orange
Ric-Rack
Glue (super glue or white glue)
Googlie Eyes
Marker (optional)
Candy Cane


 Instructions:

Cut one body and two wings from desired color of felt.
Since these are for Christmas I used red felt. 

Cut two small pieces of ric-rack and glue to the belly of the owl. 

Cut a small triangle from orange felt or if you don't have any simply color a piece of white felt with an orange marker (that's what I did).  Glue the orange piece in the center of the owl, then glue two large googlie eyes above the ric-rack so it over laps the beak a bit.

Now glue the upper tips of the wings ~ one on each side of the eyes.  I used super glue because I didn't want to wait but any glue will do.  Then glue the bottom tips of the wings to the bottom of the body.  You should have about a 1-1.5" gap in the center where you can easily slide a candy cane or other long piece of candy through the wings.

To finish him off I made some faux stitches around the edges using a marker.


They are so very cute once they are finished and holding the candy cane.

Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. My tin is done, do I send you the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute owl. I just sent you an e-mail about the tins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. They looked lovely on the table in your craft show pictures. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Roni...this is ADORABLE! I make an owl themed ornament for my grand-daughter, Remi, every year and haven't made one yet. This is going to be it!!! Thanks for the pdf file and idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the inspiration for the owl. I have modified it for use with card and it is on my latest blog post along with some other ideas you might like to use in return. I always appreciate seeing all the great things you make on your blog and you are so kind to share them.
    Love JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!