Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Altered Pages May Challenge - Shoes!

This month's challenge at Altered Pages is to create something based around the theme of Shoes!
Well, I decided to have a bit of fun and create an altered domino using the collage sheet -
May - Shoe Charm Necklace 004
I covered the image with bits of mica to add a different feel and another dimension to the domino.  If you've never worked with mica before I highly recommend it.  It adds such a beautiful shimmer to your projects.  It can be peeled apart into the thinnest of layers which I like to then layer in various stages to give lighter and darker areas to my project. 

You can see that just a bit in this photo....
May - Shoe Charm Necklace 001
and I inked the domino then added a bit of Dresden Trim to the edge....
May - Shoe Charm Necklace 003
I wanted to finish it off with a couple tiny gemstones for a bit more glitz ;) 
The red charm says born to shop!
Be sure to check out all the inspiring shoe themed projects in this months challenge.
AND
if you'd like to join in the fun you're more than welcome to!
All you have to do is create a shoe themed project using at least one product or collage image from Altered Pages and post a link to it on the Altered Pages Challenge Blog before May 31st.
The winner will receive a fun surprise!
Good Luck!!

2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!