Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Goosebumps Resist

Hi All!

I wanted to continue talking about the Goosebumps spray medium from Imagine Crafts (Tsukineko).

Today I wanted to show you a fun resist technique that is very similar to embossing resist only without so many steps!  It is so easy you won't believe it.
Goosebumps Resist

Supplies:

Goosebumps Spray or Dabber - Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko
Cardstock, Pattern Paper or Ephemera
Stencils
Ink - Spray Ink, Distress Stain, or other favorite ink*

*I used Fireworks Spray (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko) for the first example and Distress Stain for the second.

Instructions:

1. Cover your work area to protect it from over spray.  This stuff will stick to anything.

2.  Place your stencil over the paper to be sprayed.  I'm using a Prima stencil over a piece of vintage sheet music.

8201

3. Spray the Goosebumps over the stencil/paper.  Remember, the closer you are the thicker the coat, further away = lighter coat. 

I spritzed it quite a bit in the center and less around the edges because I wanted it to fade away.

8202

4.  After you have sprayed the paper, immediately remove the stencil and wash it with soap and water.  This is necessary because the Goosebumps WILL stick to the stencil. 

5. Let the Goosebumps dry completely.  This usually doesn't take too long but of course thicker layers will take longer to dry.  Temperature and humidity will also come into play as well.  I checked mine after about 5 minutes or so and it was dry.

6.  Shake up the Fireworks spray and spritz it onto the paper. 

8205 8206

Once you've covered the paper, you can wipe away the excess ink off of the Goosebumps to reveal the resist pattern.

8207

Check it out.....
I just LOVE how fun and easy this is. 
The Goosebumps is thick enough that you really don't have a problem with the medium sneaking under the edges of the stencil which is nice.
You can see where the pattern around the edges sort of fades out.  That is where I used a finer mist as opposed to other areas that the Goosebumps was applied with a heavier coat.

8209

Next, I wanted to show you the dabber Goosebumps. 
I started off with a piece of pattern paper and a stencil from The Crafters Workshop.

8203

And since I'm using Shimmer Goosebumps I shook up the mixture to ensure even distribution of the "shimmer".   To apply you just dab it over the stencil as you would if you were using acrylic paint dabber.

8204

I then washed the stencil and let the Goosebumps dry.

After the design had a chance to dry I applied Distress Stain to the paper.... check out that amazing resist pattern just poppin' right off the page!

8210

Wipe off the excess ink and....

8211

Here is my Goosebumps Resist paper!

8212

Now it doesn't get much easier than that does it?
Such a quick, fun and EASY way to get a really beautiful resist paper to use on all your projects.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful demo, Roni. I've got the sprays, now I just need to use them! Thanks for the inspiration -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, thank you for showing this technique. resut is wonderful
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I just found your blog, via a post at Facebook. Thanks for explaining these GORGEOUS techniques! I've got you bookmarked, so I'll be back to visit. Hope you might find time to visit me as well! Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!