Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas in July #4 - Steampunk Christmas Tree Card

Lots of people keep asking for Steampunk themed projects
so today I thought I'd toss out a Steampunk Christmas Card...

I started off by making a template out of some scrap paper.
I drew my basic shape
(which will work for any holiday or theme)


And cut it out....


I held the template over my cardstock for approximate placement.
I actually cut my cardstock a bit larger than necessary so I would have room to trim off for minor adjustments.


Then I began inking up the tree.
I went a little darker on the edges and lighter in the center.

I stared off with Peeled Paint then used a touch of Forest Moss along the edges.


Still holding the template in place I stamped gears in the template opening
with more Forest Moss.


I added a touch of Sepia ink for the base of the Christmas Tree...


Then I went ahead and added some details...
a bit of Burgundy Stickles at the center of each gear,
a few outlines and highlights with a white gel pen,
and finally I added a gear to the top of the tree.


I finished off the card with a bit of washi tape
and a little gold star in the center of the tree topper gear.



And there you go...
a very Steampunk Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE YOUR SITE!!! And, I'm an Ink Stained Roni, too! :) I was checking out your site and also came across your "Veronica Lake" in the Bomb Shell project and have to share that I was named for just this special lady!!! How cool is that? So good to "meet" you. Happy Inking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fantastic, Roni. What a great idea. so inspiering. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!