Friday, August 9, 2013

GREEN Challenge - La Fee Verte

Today I wanted to tell you about this months challenge over on
 
The theme is
Green!
Make anything you want using the color green or the theme of green...
 
Now I had a Gothic Arch all planned out ... lots of green pictures, game pieces, etc. but then for some reason yesterday an idea popped into my head and it was like a lightening strike.  I couldn't rest until it was done and I'm so tickled with how it came out!
 
Here it is....
 
La Fee Verte
(The Green Fairy)
 
I don't know what made this pop into my head but I knew it was perfect for this theme.
Do you ever get an idea out of nowhere that you just HAVE to make?
This was one for me...
I was almost frantic working on it, I just couldn't wait to finish it.
 

 
The background is a green bingo card that I white-washed.  I then image transferred the leafy "A" (behind the guys head) to the card and added several different collage images which were highlighted with Stickles Glitter Glue and/or Wink of Stella - Green glitter pen.
 
The moon is molded paper clay that I also colored with the Wink of Stella glitter pen.  That thing is amazing...such vivid color and glitter to boot!  Doesn't get much better :)
 
I used the following Altered Pages collage sheets....
AP450 - "A" collage (Leafy A)
AP1401 - Glorious Green
 (Man & Woman; Butterfly Wings)
AP500D - American Beauties
(The "fairy")
 
I found the vintage bottle of Absinthe and the Absinthe poster online.
The sentiment is computer generated.
 
So, put your thinkin caps on folks...
Check out all the cool collage images over at AP
and get to work!
 
If your piece is chosen you could be the lucky winner of the August Prize Package.
You have until 8-31-13 to enter (over on the Altered Pages Challenge Blog).



2 comments:

  1. Great collage--very amusing. I recently watched an charming French movie called La Fee. This fits so perfectly into that romance story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece. Love the effect from the wink of stella pen. Very difficult to pick a favourite from the DT this month. Such fabulous projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!