Thursday, December 26, 2013

Aspen Shadow Box - Trash to Treasure!

I'm sure by now you all know how much I love to take something that is destine for the trash bin and breath new life into it.  Well, tomorrow is the December Club Scrap Blog Hop and the base for my project comes from a box I bought that was full of to/from labels. 
 
 
I took the labels out and put them with my other labels and was left with this nifty box....  Of course I couldn't throw it away...I HAD to find something to do with it.  When I saw this month's Club Scrap Kit - Aspen, I knew it would make a perfect base for a shadow box!
 
 
I wanted to make the "window" a little bit rustic to match the Aspen theme so I die-cut a sheet of the wood vener - I wanted to use the negative piece instead of the actual die-cut frame. 
 
 
It just so happens it fit into the box lid perfectly!
So I glued it to the inside of the lid and let it dry.
 
 
I wanted to cover the black and in keeping with the kit design I tore strips of the forest green cardstock and glued it over top of the lid.
Now this matches the look of the kit!
 
 
I stamped up a storm using several of the images in the kit,
fussy cut & tore 'em; added them using layers of foam tape, highlighted it here and there with my clear Wink of Stella sparkle pen and....
 
 
You'll have to wait till tomorrow to see the finished project ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!