Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Be a GOOD one!

Recently I heard someone on TV use this quote and I knew I had heard it before...actually, I thought I even had a stamp and sure enough, I went digging around and found it!  It is from a Glitz Stamp set (listed below).  After the kick start of seeing it on TV I thought it would be fun to use it (since it had never been inked up- gasp!).

I also incorporated some way fun glass glitter I had gotten recently.  I tell you what - I LOVE that stuff...it's like a dose of regular glitter on steroids - LOL!!  I know some people don't care for it because yes, it's real glass and it is sharp but hey...no pain, no gain ;)  Anyway, I think it really adds so much to the chipboard bird.


I started off by stamping the corner flourish (from the Afternoon Muse stamp set) on a piece of pattern paper from the Glitz Uncharted Waters paper stack.   I also stamped the Black Eyed Susan on a piece of vintage text.  I colored the flowers using Distress Inks and a Niji Waterbrush.  I mounted the flowers onto the background.   The sentiment was stamped on plain old white cardstock and colored with Spectrum Noir markers.

I glued glass glitter to the bird image (champagne for it's belly and ocean blue over the rest of the bird.) and inked up the crown with Delicata Gold ink.  

While the bird was drying I printed out the eggs and bird collage images, trimmed and inked the edges. 

Once everything was dry I added the collage image, sentiment, eggs and finally the glittery bird.  Three little brown pearls finish it all off.




Other Supplies:  Brown Half Pearls

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!!
Have you been inky lately????

4 comments:

  1. I Love love love this!! My daughter just asked me the other day for some sea glass - not a clue where to find it locally, lol, but this is a gem!! Such a gorgeous work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Roni! I reallly love that sparkle. The stamping on the book page is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!~kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!