Monday, September 29, 2014

Altered Playing Cards - Week 4

I finished up my week 4 Altered (not) Playing Cards today....

Claudine's first card had a Home Sweet Home theme using acrylic paint for the background and Gelli Plate prints for the houses & clouds.



So I did the same...I started off with one of the long 3x9 flash cards


I then stamped it with a Home definition stamp.


After the ink was dry I spritzed the card with water and added a couple dollops of acrylic paint.


I swished the paint around the water on the card.  I also added a touch of green to the bottom...


I had some paint left on my brush and you know me...I didn't want to waste it so I spritzed a tag with water and painted it as well.

\
I pulled out some gelli plate print scraps and stamped these wicked houses on the various bits.


I wanted to do something a bit different for my clouds.  Since the card is so tall I needed some dimension to help break up all the space above the houses so I decided to make some gesso clouds.  I hand cut a cloud stencil...


and then applied the gesso with a palette knife.


And scraped off the excess onto that tag I painted.


And here is my finished Home Sweet Home card....


Claudine's second card was about shopping (oh yeah!!) that was also made using acrylic paints...



I again used acrylics as well...  a bit of yellow for the background


 with some magenta and orange over top.


a bit of washi tape, a couple fun shopping women...



and I'm all set!


And here they are together....

Week 4


Now I'm caught up and can work on this weeks cards :)

6 comments:

  1. What a great use of Gelli Plate art! Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so LOVE, LOVE what you are doing on your blog!! Delighted to have discovered a wonderfully inspiring site...Thanks heaps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i love what you've done! these are gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun little pieces! I especially like the tall card with the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fun, I love that your going outside the box. Nicely done Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE your cards. I really like that house stamp that you have. And how you made your own cloud stencil. Such great ideas here, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful art work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!