Monday, November 24, 2014

Gelli Plate Snowman Tags

Last week we played with the 5x7" Gelli Plate and Deco Arts Metallic Acrylic Paints to create some holiday prints for the upcoming Christmas/Winter season.  I promised to share some projects using these prints so I thought I'd start off with a couple tags featuring snowmen...since so many of us here in the northern part of the country have had early snow recently.

I started off with these two tags...one is the positive, the other the negative print.  You can see they are similar but very different.


I started off with the darker of the two tags by adding some highlights around the snowflakes in the print.  To do so I positioned the stencil just as it was on the Gelli Plate when I made the tag print, then used a sponge to add just a bit more ink to really make the snowflakes pop on the metallic paint.


I smoothed out the white ink and blended it into the center of the tag.


I stamped a few images - the snowflakes, snowman and sentiment with blues & black inks.  I then colored the snowman using Wedding Dress (white) irRESISTible Texture Spray.  I spritzed a bit on scrap paper and painted it on with a tiny brush and let it dry completely.


For the second tag I wanted to go blue instead of white so I placed the stencil back over the tag and added blue LUXE ink just as I did with the white ink and a sponge.


I then stamped my snowman image, added white just as I did with the other snowman and covered most of the tag with a layer of Shimmer Creative Medium to give the snowflakes and background a beautiful sparkle!


A few finishing details (glitter, Pico Embellisher over the first snowman, red stamped hearts) and they are done!  

All Stamps - Deep Red Stamps, Stencil - Memory Box; Inks & Embellishments - IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I love your homemade snowman!! he is just too adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing your steps Roni! I have to say , that I have all these other stamp pads and have never used, now I will try and give them some new life!! ps, where did you find the cool snowflake stencil? i love it!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! ")

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!