Monday, March 9, 2015

Doodle Circles

Happy Monday Everyone!  I hope you all had a super weekend.

Today I wanted to share some fun cards with you that I made using the large and small "doodle" circles....

My first card has a mixed media vibe going on.  I started off by smearing around some Memento Inks onto my craft mat then spritzed with water.  I smooshed the paper around in the ink and let it dry.  I then stamped the circles with some of the same inks.  The dots are made using StazOn Studio Glaze.


The Happy Day card was made by stamping the circles with a mix of Radiant Neon and Memento Luxe inks.  The dots were made with a sponge dauber.


Finally my favorite - These flowers are so much fun to make.  I simply stamped a larger circle in a darker shade of ink then used the smaller circle and stamped in a lighter shade.  I then used a sponge dauber to add the dot in the center.  The stems and leaves were made by dragging an ink pad and smudging on the leaves.  I used a Memento marker to trace lines around my smudges.  It all started out very random but came together perfectly.


All of the stamps used can be found at Just For Fun rubber stamps; all inks and other mediums are from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko.  Most of the papers (besides the water color paper on the first card) are ClubScrap.com 


2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!