Tuesday, April 21, 2015

2015 Mixed Media Technique Calendar - September

Back with another fun mixed media page for our MM technique calendar.  September here in NE Indiana is usually when Autumn begins to show it's face so I thought it would be nice to incorporate some fall colors to this page.



I started off by taping down a stencil to my cardstock.


I then covered it with a layer of modeling paste...you of course could use gesso or any other medium you prefer.


I love this particular pattern.  It's from Club Scrap and it looks like a vintage tin tile design.


For our next step - Autumn colors!  I sponged on several different colors of Memento Ink.


Next I pulled out some metal foil rolls - foiling seems to be making a hot comeback right now.  I used Duo adhesive which I dabbed on the raised areas with my finger tip and let it dry.


Once the adhesive was at the tacky stage I pressed copper and gold foil over the design.  You'll notice it's not a solid covering - that is intentional.  I wanted a more rustic weathered feel to get than tin tile feeling across.


Once I was satisfied with the foiling I used my finger to dab on Spiced Chai StazOn ink to the remaining exposed modeling paste.


I added a few stamped images (all Unity) with StazOn ink


and finished it off with my calendar, a bit of copper & gold thread and a few leaves.


And there you have it!  
A bit of weathered elegance - perfect for Autumn!

Supplies:

IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko - Memento Inks, StazOn Inks; Club Scrap - Stencil; Deco Art - Modeling Paste; Metal Foil, Metallic Thread, Leaf Embellishments; Rubber Stamps - Unity, computer generated calendar

6 comments:

  1. Love the look of the stencil with the foil! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, especially the rustic feel of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another awesome calendar. Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the stencil...very cool and such great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni this is wonderful! Love how different this stencil looks on your calendar!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Love this technique! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!