Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Embossing & Color Burst

I had a thought yesterday while I was making the calendar page...what would Color Burst look like over Modeling/Embossing Paste or Creative Medium?  Well today I thought I would give it a go and find out.



I decided to give both a try!  I spread IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko Blue Iridescent Creative Medium over one piece and DecoArt Modeling Paste over a fun Crafters Workshop stencil.


I sprinkled yellow and purple Color Burst powders over the modeling paste...


and started spritzing with water.


and let the Color Burst do it's thing.


Here's what it looked like once it had dried...don't you love the color variations?  So pretty!


Then I sprinkled Blue, Green and Red Color Burst over the Creative Medium, spritzed and let dry as well.


and here's what they looked like!  I noticed that the Creative Medium resists much of the CB and that it pools around the stenciled areas.  The modeling paste on the other hand soaks up the CB/water combo for a totally different look.


and here's what I did with them!

This card was made using this month's Club Scrap Botanicals kit.  I die cut the purple cardstock, stamped it then laid it over the Color Burst piece.  I then die cut the tiny little flowers and added them along the edge and down by the sentiment as well.  Each of those flowers received a drop of Shimmer Pico Embellisher (which I also added to the word "YOU") while the modeling paste flowers got a dot of Wedding Dress (white) Pico Embellisher for contrast.  


These two cards go hand in hand because I used a portion of the Creative Medium/CB paper for both.  The card above was die-cut and added to the black background.  The word "hi" was die-cut and I used the positive for the card above and the negative for the card below.  I glued a strip of excess from the CM/CB paper behind the negative for a really easy second card. I added dots of Wedding Dress (white) Pico Embellisher to these flowers as well.


So there you go!  
Color Burst paired with a couple of really fun mediums!  
Lovely results I'd say.

Now it's your turn!!

Supplies:

Color Burst Pigment Powders
IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko: Iridescent Blue Creative Medium; Pico Embellisher - Shimmer & Wedding Dress; StazOn Ink - Jet Black; Memento - LuLu Lavender, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout; Diamond Trowel
ClubScrap.com - Botanicals Papers & Stamps
Sizzix - Flower & Leaf Dies
MFT - Hi, Friend Dies
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Black
Watercolor Paper
Sequins


4 comments:

  1. love! I think I need some color burst pigments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni these are over the top outstanding!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, I can just see you in your "mad scientist" mode experimenting with all of these products and techniques!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!