Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Paper Mosaic

Yesterday I shared a couple different challenge techniques from April's Club Scrap Technique Challenge - the Faux Puzzler and Herringbone Techniques.  Well today I've got one more to share with you...the Faux Mosaic technique!  It's quite straight forward...you chop up paper scraps into little bits, affix them to a strip of paper covered with carpet tape adhesive then cover the gaps with embossing powder & heat (this makes the grout).  Fun and oh so easy.

Here is what I made....  The sentiment, ribbon and metal flower are from the current Botanical kit - the papers are from previous kits (not sure which ones) and I used Tsukineko's White EP for the "grout".  



I changed it up a bit with this card...instead of embossing powder I used IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko's Gold Pico Embellisher.  It's got a micro tip just perfect for getting into all of those tiny channels.  The gold is a perfect match to the stitches in the ribbon I used to embellish.

The sentiment, flower and ribbon were all from the Botanical kit - the remainder of the paper is again unknown from previous kits.




I also entered a couple cards in the April Club Scrap Card Sketch Challenge on the forum as well!  This was the sketch...  Trust me, it's not as easy as it looks!

 

and here are my cards....

This card was made using stamps and papers from the current Botanical kit.  The inks are all Memento from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko.

This card was made using papers and stamps from the 50's Kitchen kit (don't ya love those cherries?) and inks from the Memento line by IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko.

Are you up for the challenge????



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!