Monday, April 25, 2016

Springtime Paper Flowers

It's Spring Time here in the States and what better way to celebrate than by making paper flowers!  That is the Artist Team Challenge for the Club Scrap girls this month - paper flowers.  April's kit - Dahlia is what I used to help create my garden of flowers for this new Welcome sign for my front door....


Everything you see with the exception of a couple tiny Prima flowers was die-cut and assembled by me!  I used the Pink, White and Yellow papers from the kit paired with Sizzix and Spellbinders flower dies.  All of the flowers were enhanced with PanPastels and the background "board" is actually a piece of book board (heavy duty chipboard) that I cut, carved and painted to look like wood.


It addition to the paper & pastels I used beads, pips or micro beads for the flower centers.


A few close ups of the various flowers... the tiny white (upper right) and tiny maroon (lower left) are Prima flowers - the rest are hand made.


The maroon flower is Prima, the rest are mine.


There are 2 of the maroon flowers here that are primas but the rest is me.


I used a combination of a couple flower dies to create the dahlia flower in the center.  I had planned on making a few more but just this one flower was VERY time consuming.   Each and every flower petal was cut, colored and glued down individually.  There are over 88 flower petals on this one flower alone!  It took a few hours to assemble this one flower - after that, I decided that a single focal point dahlia was good enough  - LOL!!  

Tomorrow I'll be back to share how I created the welcome sign using some lovely Deco Art products and share a few pics of how the flowers were assembled.  Hope you are inspired to celebrate Spring by making a few paper flowers of your own!

Your next creative stop on the hop is 


Remember if you get lost along the way the entire list can be found on the 


Have a wonderful day Friends!!!

19 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful welcome, Roni. What a great bunch of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a beautiful creation. Love the flowers you made & above all love the faux wooden plaque, which looks so real. Looking forward to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Roni. As you might know I am particularly fond of paper flowers and these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i adore this!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Roni! The shading on your flowers is A+++! What a pretty spring door decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe the "wood" background isn't really wood! Very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sign, it would look great a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea - thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply lovely Roni! Each layer from the base board to the very top pip has such attention to detail....amazing. I know I don't always comment, but I so appreciate all of the time you take to share with us and inspire us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers! This is so cute. I can't believe you glued down each petal individually on that dahlia flower...you have the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, that would background is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! Such a great way to make your home cozy! Great use of the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Welcome sign is gorgeous! Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beauty! Can't wait to see how you made the faux wood, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roni! So great! I love how you made the "wood" sign too-so impressed! All the time spent on the flowers was definitely worth it! They are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME! A lot of love went into this and the results are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! They look like fabric flowers...so real looking!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You outdid yourself, Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!