Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Wet/Dry Inky Embossing

Just Imagine....


As you might recall I mentioned that the Technique Challenge on the Club Scrap Blog this month was to create a vintage/distressed look by incorporating Sepia/Browns into your projects.  Today I wanted to share one of my favorite techniques using a bit of StazOn Spiced Chai ink on the above card.


This was actually a combination of a few tools to create the lovely background panel the sunflower is stamped on.  Initially I inked my embossing fold, inserted my pattern paper and then ran it through my embossing machine with an oval spacer piece.  This spacer allows the embossing folder to emboss select areas of the panel creating a "stamping space" for you to finish off the card.  I love how the ink comes through softly in some areas and a bit darker in others.  It really adds to the vintage feel don't you think?


I use the same spacer to stamp my images and sentiment...it helps keep my stamping in the un inked areas and since it's plastic the ink that goes over the edge is easily wiped away.  I finished the image off with Imagine's Memento Dual Tip Markers.

4 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!