Saturday, January 6, 2018

To Blog or Not to Blog....

That is the question facing many people right now if the conversations on FB and other platforms are any indication. I have been reading and become somewhat disheartened by the numerous comments that most people feel that blogs and blogging are quickly (if not already) a thing of the past. With all of the various platforms available to people to share their creations it seems that blogging has become too much of a chore for people and doesn't offer the instant gratification that most everyone is seeking at the moment. 

I don't know if I should take this as a sign that I am quickly becoming a social media dinosaur.  Personally, I like to blog - it satisfies so many sides of my personality that I don't get from all of the other SM options out there. I can create whatever I want - I can make cards, join in challenges, make a mixed media creation, scrapbook or just play with various mediums. I get to share those projects with you and talk as much as I want to about it. I'm not limited by the number of characters in a post and I can share as many photos as I'd like.  I would like to think that from time to time I may share something that entertains, educates or just brings joy to your day. Blogging also satisfies the writer in me that likes to talk about things that excite me - art for the most part but sometimes it's about the farm, my love of antique junk or just stuff.  I can also tell you about new goodies that I've seen or heard about or even tried.

I do share on a few other platforms (FB, Networked Blogs, Twitter, Pinterest and most recently Instagram) but blogging is still my favorite.

Of course life does intrude every so often on the time I have to spend on blogging and art just as it does with everyone. Our business has grown so I spend more time there and our family has expanded as well which is a joyful reason for taking time away but when it comes right down to it art and blogging is what keeps me sane. It's time I get to spend away from life's trying moments and just relax and create. 

2017 was a year full of challenges for me - most were situations that were outside of my control but had a large impact on me personally. I am entering 2018 with high hopes for a better year to come.  With that hope I am also going to focus on the things I love...even if it takes me a longer period of time to accomplish them.   Last year I tried to fit art into a schedule and only make things I could finish immediately in one setting rather than trying to tackle larger projects. Well this year I'm tossing that out the window...I don't care if a project takes me 5x's longer to complete because I have shorter periods of time to work on it, I'm just going to do it because it makes me happy!

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm here to stay and I hope you stick around for the ride.


20 comments:

  1. I blog. I like blogging. I do it for me, and am very humbled when people visit and bother to comment. I don't have time to use all those other platforms. I like your blog. Glad to hear you are sticking around. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I like your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless You Dear Roni! I am thrilled you will continue to blog. I am not a fan of instant gratification or so many of the other Sociial Media platforms out there. I like blogging and even though I don’t post as often as I would like, I am still going to continue. Your blog is always very warm and inspiring to me. I am grateful for our friendship we have because of blogging. Thank you for sharing your time and your HeArt with us. Blessings for lots more Creative Bliss in 2018...<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your time, effort and joy on your blog! I'm starting to move away from SM. I feel it's too negative and intrusive. I enjoy keeping up with you here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not blog, but....I do appreciate all the time and effort it takes you to do this. I love seeing other crafters/artists work. You share so much of yourself with others it is so nice.

    Stay around

    Diane DeMartini, Novato, CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to blog and not changing glad your sticking around

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roni, I do not have a blog but I come faithfully to consult yours and we are "friends" on Facebook - I learned a lot thanks to all your articles and your tests of products and when I ask myself a question, c is to your blog that I come to look first. It is also necessary in life to give oneself the right to do what one likes and without being under pressure. Thank you for all that you have shared, I wish you a very happy new year 2018, with health, and the realization of your projects! PS: I hope that Google has translated well, he is my friend because my English is still school and it goes back very far .. (I'm 65) Ni Cky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like blogs. and I read your blog whenever you post. I can't afford a smart device so instagram does not allow me to post there. So I am glad you decided to continue your blog. I will keep visiting as long as you blog. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not blog, but I enjoy reading yours and the art you share! I SCROLL FB mainly to keep up with family, but I do NOT believe half of what is written there!!! So your blog and others are the ones I turn to and can trust! Soooooo glad you are sticking to it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. There will always be a few of us who enjoy real content. Not just a note here or a comment there so that person can think they have made contact with yet another "friend." When the message one receives is sent to 100 other people, I hardly call that communication nor does it make me on the receiving end feel joy that they were thinking of me. You are on the right path in my opinion and I will continue to draw inspiration from those who continue to blog. And I, from my heart, personally thank you for that. Blessings. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It demands considerable effort to consistently publish an interesting, informative and entertaining blog. Roni, your blog shines as an example of all those things. I wouldn't have been exposed to and learned, many, many art-related skills if it weren't for bloggers like you. Thank you for letting us share in your talent and your resolve to keep doing so. As long as you continue to write, we look forward to reading what you have done.
    Carolyn L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep the blog please! I don't do social media...? there's a lot of us that need you Wonderful bloggers... Otherwise we will loose all the wonderful things you teach us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you are staying. I love your blog! I do have to admit. I follow a few bloggers and most of them I don't read. I might just look at their photos. But I enjoy reading yours! My 2017 was also rough. So here's to an awesome 2018 for both of us! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have gone through that conversation with myself as well. SM satisfies the immediate but blog posts are there forever! I check out old posts and learn new things all the time. I believe you are making a great choice. Maybe there are new or we may develop new ways to utilize the blog. FYI...this past summer I talked to a HS Senior and she said , for her age group, they watch YouTube video blogging. Just more info.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I don't do FB. I hope it's not true that bloggers will go away. I think bloggers are very generous to share their time and talents. It's opened a whole new world to this old-time stamper. So, my feedback is "Don't go!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you enjoy what you're doing, I think you should continue. You have to do it for yourself - not for other people. I haven't added to my blog for a while - as so many things happened and I lost enthusiasm for doing it. But after being away for a while I'm ready to get back to it. Most people seem to visit for a moment and then zip on, maybe coming back another time, or maybe never. It seems to be the way people are now. I do feel that since I have lots of followers, I owe it to them to make an effort. It took a lot of time and effort to build up a following, and I would hate to throw it away. I, personally, love to visit around blogland and see what others are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know that it takes time to blog, but am so glad that you do it. I receive your posts via email, so am ashamed to say, don't leave comments nearly as often as I should. But I'm thrilled to hear that you plan to continue, since I don't do any of the other platforms. Please keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Roni, I can't tell you how much inspiration and joy your blogging brings me! I may not always comment (I will try to be better about that) but I faithfully read. I also can't tell you how many times I have gone back to older posts for project techniques and ideas....something that other platforms are not as useful for. Best wishes and hugs for a happy and fulfilling new year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you're doing your blog for YOU, because you enjoy it, then the rest is gravy. I think you have a loyal following and the information and inspiration you provide others has a great deal of value. I hope you'll continue, because you definitely have achieved the goal to "share something that entertains, educates or just brings joy to your day".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!